You can make your own honey oil at home using only a few simple supplies and the right technique. This potent cannabis concoction can be used for a variety of purposes, whether you prefer to smoke it, eat it or use it as an ingredient in another recipe. This process takes a little time and patience, but the end result is well worth the effort.
Once you’ve made your first batch of honey oil, feel free to experiment with different strains and flavors so that you can continue to enjoy its benefits again and again. If you are interested in making your own honey oil at home, keep reading for detailed instructions on how to do so using common household items and ingredients you probably already have in your spice cabinet.
What Is Honey Oil?
Honey oil is a potent cannabis extract that is known for its intense psychoactive and medicinal effects. It is extracted from butane honey oil (BHO) using cold temperatures so that no chemical solvents are actually involved. The result is a highly concentrated substance that is sticky like honey and can be ingested orally or applied topically as a potent ointment.
Honey oil has been around for quite a while, but its popularity has increased in recent years as states have legalized and decriminalized marijuana. This potent cannabis extract is known for its intense psychoactive effects, which can be great if you are looking to relax or put yourself into a state of euphoria.
While there are many ways you can consume cannabis, honey oil is one of the most potent and powerful methods. Because it is so concentrated, you only need to use a very small amount of honey oil to get the desired effects. This makes it a great option for those who want to experience the benefits of cannabis without consuming a lot of it.
How To Make Honey Oil At Home Safely
Although honey oil has a reputation for being extremely potent. It has been reported that even extracts made with butane are less dangerous than many people think.
This is because butane hash oil is a concentrate that is dissolved in a solvent, such as butane. If the solvent is then removed from the concentrate, what remains is a product that is much less dangerous than other common substances such as alcohol.
In fact, consuming butane hash oil has been shown to result in less harm than drinking beer.
When making honey oil at home, it’s important to follow the correct procedures and use the correct tools so you don’t accidentally set your house on fire. Keep the space where you’re making the oil well-ventilated. Make sure you have plenty of water handy in case of a fire.
Use a digital cooking thermometer to make sure the temperature remains below 100 degrees Celsius. Use a double boiler to keep the water from coming into contact with the oil.
Finally, make sure you keep the butane away from open flames so that you don’t accidentally cause an explosion.
Things You’ll Need:
– Cannabis flowers or buds: You’ll need a large amount of cannabis flowers or buds to make enough oil for your first batch. Around two pounds will get you started. Keep in mind that the fresher the buds, the more potent the oil will be.
– Pressure cooker: The butter-like consistency of honey oil is achieved by cooking the cannabis at very high temperatures for a long period of time. A pressure cooker is the best option for this because it can be set to the proper temperature to produce the desired results.
-Double boiler: A double boiler is a small pot placed inside a larger pot of water. This setup helps the honey oil to gently simmer without ever coming into direct contact with the water.
Coffee filters : These will help extract the oil from your solvent extraction process!
Step by Step: Ways To Make Honey Oil At Home
Be Sure to know exactly what you are doing as making Honey oil can be extremely dangerous! Results could lead to fire, explosions, and even death!
- Grind the cannabis: Start by grinding the cannabis so that it will break down more easily during the extraction process. This is especially important if you’re using buds instead of flowers.
- Mix it with a solvent: There are several alcohol solvents you can use to make weed oil. The most common ones are isopropyl alcohol, ethanol, and naphtha. You can also use acetone, but it doesn’t work as well. You will have an alcohol mixture consisting of active ingredients of cannabis and alcohol. In a bowl, pour the weed mixture and wait until all the alcohol evaporates.
- Cook the cannabis: Cook the mixture at a high temperature, such as 240 degrees Fahrenheit, for an hour. Make sure you monitor the temperature with a digital thermometer to prevent the cannabis from burning.
- Cool the cannabis in the water: Once the mixture has been cooking for an hour. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool for an additional hour. Make sure to keep the cannabis and oil submerged in the water during this process.
- Strain the oil: Once the mixture has cooled, use a strainer to separate the cannabis from the oil. Once you’ve let it rest, use a coffee filter to carefully drain out the liquid into another mason jar without letting any plant matter escape.Once you get your weed honey oil, you can smoke it using a pipe, vaporize it, place a few drops of it into your bong, or even drizzle it over your favorite food.
If you’re looking for a potent cannabis extract that will give you a strong high. Cannabis Infused Honey is definitely the way to go. Although it is a little more difficult to make than other cannabis extracts, it is well worth the effort. Honey oil is extremely potent, so you don’t need to use very much to get the desired effects. This is a great option for those who want the benefits of cannabis without consuming a lot of it.